We are delighted that you have decided to study in Russia and look forward to you joining us soon.
We know that you will have many things to arrange before your arrival and it is sometimes difficult to know where to start. We hope that this page will help you in your preparations and give you an idea of what to expect when you arrive.
First thing first, check with your airline on carrier restrictions i.e. how many bags are allowed and what’s the maximum weight? All excess luggage is to be paid on a Kg basis and may prove expensive.
Clothes to bring!
Students dress casually, informally in jeans, t-shirts and jumpers, but several sets of official clothes will be necessary. It is recommended to carry with you warm cloths like coat, boots, cap, gloves scarf etc., things of personal hygiene. We recommend that you do not buy too many winter clothes until you get to the University. For your journey in the period of September – October, you could carry with you an easy jacket, jeans, socks, boots while during the winter months of November – December you would need to carry a warm coat, a sweater, warm trousers, boots, cap, and gloves. In addition to casual clothes, you may want to bring formal clothes for special events such as a formal conference or seminar. You may also want to bring your national costume for international student events.
Among electrical products please only bring small items such as hairdryers, shavers and laptops.
Please do not bring more than two suitcases and make sure that you can lift and carry these suitcases.
Please do not bring:
- Rice cookers, food or cooking utensils with you. Your case will be too heavy for you to carry! You can buy saucepans, plates and other cooking utensils very cheaply from supermarkets close to University residences.
- You will find that cities, where the Universities are situated have many international food stores, and large supermarkets and markets where you will be able to find many ingredients available in your home country. You can also use canteen, mess or restaurants for every day meal.
- Anything you would hate to lose. Leave at home valuable or expensive-looking jewelry, all unnecessary credit cards, library cards and similar items you may routinely carry in your wallet.
- Toiletries that you can buy abroad because it’s unneeded weight (shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste)
Documents to bring to Russia:
- Original International Passport (valid for 2 years minimum);
- Secondary School Certificate (attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs or with Apostille stamp);
- HIV-AIDS test, showing absence of HIV/Aids;
- 8 passport size photos 3,5 x 4,5;
- First Year Fee payment slip.
MBBS in Russia | Study in Russia | Education in Russia | About Russia | Top Medical Universities of Russia | Consultants for MBBS in Russia | Study MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Russia in English | Best Universities for MBBS in Russia | Study MBBS in Russia in English | Admission 2019 2020 in Russia | Admission 2020 2021 in Russia |Study Abroad | MBBS Abroad | Study MBBS Abroad | Russian Education Group | Rus Edu Group |Higher Education in Russia | Top Engineering Technical Universities in Russia | Medical Courses in Russia | Engineering Courses in Russia | Economics Courses in Russia | Aviation Courses in Russia | PG in Medicine Clinical Residency in Russia | PG PHD Courses in Russia | Admission Process in Russia | Postgraduate Education in Russia | Apply Online in Russia | Tuition Fee on Education in Russia | Reason to Study in Russia | Why to Study in Russia | Living in Russia | Life in Russia | Living Abroad | Cities of Russia | Universities in Russia | Accommodation and Hostels in Russia | Living cost in Russia | Top Aviation Universities of Russia | Top Economics Universities of Russia | Top MBA Universities of Russia | Visa and Immigration in Russia | BBA in Russia | Airport Pickup in Russia | Arrival in Russia | Representatives in Russia | University Representatives in Russia | English Courses in Russia | English Medium Courses in Russia | Why Russia | Best University in Russia | Why Choose Russia | Recognized Universities in Russia | Popular Universities of Russia