Voronezh State University is a research-led institution and its research activities are organised within a network of 18 faculties, 6 research institutes, 16 research laboratories administered by the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Our 10 research and developments centres have a strong record in collaborating with the region’s leading commercial and public sector organisations;
We pride ourselves on fundamental cutting-edge research currently carried out in the Nanotechnology Centre and the Science Park which house state-of-the-art facilities and implement advanced technologies enabling us to consistently retain high rankings among the leading Russian Universities;
We are among Top 100 BRICS Universities (17th in Russia and 90th in BRICS);
We have an excellent academic portfolio of over 100 postgraduate courses which are available both to Russian and international students. Aiming to provide greater research opportunities we expand the number of our postgraduate courses every year across different faculties;
We offer a multitude of undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses (both full- and part-time) which centre around the following major research and teaching programmes:
- physics and mathematics
- natural sciences
- humanities and social sciences
- educational theory and pedagogy
- medicine and pharmaceutics
- economics and management.
Apart from its 10 buildings and 9 residence halls located primarily in the city centre, the university’s infrastructure comprises:
- a unique Nature Reserve Galichya Gora open to staff and students’ research and study: it is the only university-affiliated nature reserve in Europe
- excellent library facilities providing access to numerous learning resources as well as a collection of old and rare books, some of which date back to the 16th century
Folk Culture and Ethnography Museum
University’s History Museum
Soil Museum named after prof. P.G. Aderikhin
Museum of the Central Black Earth Region Flora named after prof. I.I. Barabash-Nikiforov
Usmanskyi Bor Natural Museum
Virtual VSU Computer Centre Museum.
Currently over 1400 staff are actively involved in research projects, including 100 research fellows, 3 full members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 70 academicians and corresponding members of Russian and foreign Academies, and 292 professors. A total of 43 staff members hold various honorary titles awarded by the government of the Russian Federation for their outstanding achievements and notable contribution to their research fields;
The university’s research portfolio includes as many as 28 key research areas with strong emphasis on ground-breaking research into nanotechnologies;
Over the course of its long and glorious history Voronezh State University has formed more than 40 internationally recognized academic and research communities which annually undertake more than 200 research projects and are regularly awarded national and international grants to pursue their research. Currently the staff are actively engaged in 8 international projects as part of TEMPUS and FP7 programmes;
Voronezh State University is home to 25 Dissertation Defense Boards which oversee the preparation and the defense of PhD, Dr. phil. habil and Dr. phil. nat. habil dissertations and submit recommendations to the Supreme Certifying Committee for the award of postgraduate degrees;
Voronezh State University is highly committed to distributing and exchanging knowledge and expertise generated by our researchers. We have rightfully earned a reputation as a leading research centre in Russia due to a total of more than 60 national and international conferences that we host on an annual basis. We also view it as our number-one priority to uphold a long-established tradition of international quality academic publishing;
Over a span of more than 95 years of our history we are proud to have awarded degrees to more than 100 000 graduates;
Nearly 1650 academic staff work at the university, including 277 professors and 856 senior lecturers. Some of the university’s most notable members of staff include.
For International students are guaranteed a place in one of the Voronezh State University student hostels. The hostel for international students is located in the very center of the city in close proximity to the The Voronezh State University. The distance between the The Voronezh State University and hostel 5-10 min. The public catering system includes a canteen with a 120-seat dining-room. There are also snack-bars for students in all the hostels and University. Besides, senior students while undergoing training at the clinical sites of the university have an opportunity to use the canteens of the healthcare facilities.
During the whole period of study, undergraduate and postgraduate students are supervised by the medical staff of the Municipal Healthcare Facility City Outpatient Clinic #15 (Student Clinic) for the city of Voronezh State University. The affiliated health center of the Clinic located in the immediate proximity to Hostel #3 serves for the convenience of students. The sports facilities include a sports and fitness complex with a total area of 2838.2 m² (indoor center) equipped with a swimming pool, gymnastic area, juice bar, and a screening assay room.
Voronezh is a city in the European part Russia, the capital of the Voronezh region, situated on the banks of the Voronezh water reservoir (the Voronezh River), about 520 km south of Moscow. It is a cultural, industrial and scientific center of the region.
Voronezh places of interest
- Voronezh Regional Museum of Local Lore (Plekhanovskaya Street, 29),
- Voronezh Regional Literary Museum named after I.S. Nikitin (Plekhanovskaya Street, 3),
- Voronezh Regional Art Museum named after I.N. Kramskoy (Revolyutsii Avenue, 18),
- Exhibition Hall of The Russian Union of Artists (Kirova Street, 8),
- Center of Military-Patriotic Education “Museum-Diorama” (Kirova Street, 8),
- Museums of Voronezh State University (geological, zoological, botanical, etc.) (Universitetskaya Square, 1),
- Museum Ship “Goto Predestinatsia” (God’s Predestination) (Admiralteyskaya Square),
- Natural Architecture and Archaeological Museum-Reserve “Divnogorie” (80 km south of Voronezh).
Voronezh theaters and other attractions
- Voronezh Academic Drama Theater named after A.V. Koltsov (Revolyutsii Square, 55),
- Voronezh State Opera and Ballet Theater (Lenina Square, 7),
- Voronezh State Theater of Young Spectator (Dzerzhinskogo Street, 10a),
- Voronezh Chamber Theater (Karla Marksa Street, 55a),
- Voronezh Puppet Theater “Shut” (Revolyutsii Avenue, 50),
- Voronezh Oceanarium (3rd km of the highway “Voronezh-Moscow”),
- Voronezh Planetarium (Generala Lizyukova Street, 60).