The Yaroslav-the-Wise Novgorod State University, also known informally as NovSU, was founded in 1993 by merging the two oldest higher education institutions of Veliky Novgorod: the Pedagogical and Polytechnic Institutes. Later, Novgorod Agricultural Academy was included into the structure of the University. At present it comprises seven Institutes and four Colleges of secondary vocational education.
The Yaroslav-the-Wise Novgorod State University comprises 4 institutes, an academy, 4 university faculties and 5 colleges. Besides, there is a Qualification Re-Training Faculty, Research and Development Center, Scientific Library, a special R&D Bureau Omega, New Information Technologies Center, Publishing Center, Novgorod Technopark, Marketing Center, Scientific Business Support Center of the Ministry of Education, Press Center, Experimental Plant and other divisions. There are more than 70 research laboratories and scientific centers, where all kinds of investigations are carried out.
The University Internet Center is one of the most rapidly developing structures in NovSU. The Center provides connectivity to educational and cultural establishments, has 5 free Internet access sites, and plays a key role in the regional open society policy. The Center organizes Internet tele- and video conferences. The Center server processed more than 6.5 million requests during the last year.
All mentioned subdivisions are located in 20 buildings totaling 150 thousand sq.meters.
61 specialties are given at 23 faculties and 110 chairs of the University.
There are about 1.000 lecturers today, 101 doctors of science and 425 candidates among them. 37 are members of the Russian Academy of Science, Russian Academy of Medical Science, Petrovskaya Academy of Science and Arts, Engineering Academy, 4 professors have the title of an Honored Man of Science of the Russian Federation.
According to the rating evaluation system used in European University Association NovSU takes the 10th place among 46 classical Russian Universities. The University has become a leading regional center of education and science, oriented at adequate supply with educated staff and general progress of the region.
Institute of Electronic and Information Systems
- Software of Computer Engineering and Automated Systems
- Applied Mathematics and Information Science
- Electronics and Micro-Electronics
- Radio Technology, including specialization Medical Electronics
- Design and Technology of Electronic Equipment
- Radio Physics and Electronics
Institute of Humanities – History
- History and Archivistics
- Theory and Methodology of Foreign Languages
- Translation Methodology
- Cultural Studies
Institute of Medical Education
- General Medicine
Institute of Continuous Pedagogical Education – Psychology
- Technological Education
- Foreign Languages
- Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Musical Education
- Fine Arts
- Preschool Pedagogics and Psychology
- Pedagogics and Methodology of Primary Education
- Special Psychology
- Physical Training
- Management of Organization
Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Agricultural Mechanization
- Agricultural Manufacturing and Processing Technologies
Institute of Economics and Administration
- Management of Organization
- Human Resources Management
- State and Municipal Management
- Land Resources Management
- Accounting, Analysis and Audit
- Finances and Credit
- Economics and Enterprise Administration
- Тechnology, Equipment and Automation of Engineering Industry
- Technologies of Engineering Industry
- Automobile Vehicles
- Industrial Heat-and-Power Engineering
- Industrial and Civil Engineering
- Urban Construction and Municipal Services
- Technology of Art Materials Processing
- Machinery and Metal Pressure Processing Technology
- Design (Industrial, Fashion)
- Architectural Environment Design
You will be sure that at every stage of your journey you will be given proper support and assistance in solving educational and everyday issues.
You will be involved in academic, scientific, creative and sports activities that will open your talents to the fullest. The University offers you great opportunities.
HISTORY AND NATURE OF THE REGION
Veliky Novgorod is one of the oldest Russian cities, it is 1160 years old. Currently, the city population is about one million people.
Since the XI century, Veliky Novgorod was the center of culture and education. In the city there are unique Orthodox cathedrals and a fortress, built in the XII century. It was in this city that the first works of ancient Russian literature and masterpieces of iconography appeared.
Veliky Novgorod impresses with its architectural and artistic appearance, making walks, you will be able to fully enjoy the charm of the ancient Russian city. Friendliness and openness to citizens – emphasize the traditions of Russian hospitality.
Veliky Novgorod is located 550 kilometers from Moscow, the capital of Russia, and 180 kilometers from St. Petersburg, the northern and cultural capital of Russia. Such a convenient location will allow you to make interesting excursions, to know Russia in all its diversity.
The climate in the region is characterized by warm summers and moderately cold winters. The city is located on the banks of the picturesque river Volkhov. In the city and its environs there are a lot of greenery – parks, forests, fields. All this creates a comfortable atmosphere and an ecological environment.