Ural Federal University (UrFU) is one of the largest higher educational institutions in Russia bringing together fundamental education and innovative approach towards the challenges of modern times.
Our aspiration is to become a world-class university in the heart of Eurasia committed to the complex and sustainable development of research and teaching.
Currently the university is home to almost 35 000 students from 93 countries of the world and more than 4 000 faculty members including the top-notch global experts in the spheres of natural sciences, engineering and social sciences. Our Institutes offer 462 Bachelor, Master and Doctoral Programs in natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, humanities, economics and management taught in Russian and English. The number of UrFU alumni exceeds 360 000 people.
Breakthrough studies are pursued in 72 research excellence centres. The university is open to international collaboration having more than 500 partners all over the globe and being an active participant of such initiatives as BRICS Network University, SCO Network University, CIS University.
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology / Biotechnology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Security, Software Engineering
Life Sciences and Medicine
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Social Sciences and Management / Economic Security
- Engineering School of Information Technologies, Telecommunications and Control Systems
- Graduate Engineering School
- Graduate School of Economics and Management
- Institute of Chemical Engineering
- Institute of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Institute of Fundamental Education
- Institute of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Institute of New Materials and Technologies
- Institute of Open Educational Technologies
- Institute of Physical Education, Sports and Youth Policy
- Institute of Physics and Technology
- Institute of Public Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Ural Institute of Humanities
- Ural Power Engineering Institute
A place at the dormitory is booked by UrFU Center for International Student Mobility and Recruitment after the applicant has bought a ticket to Ekaterinburg and informed UrFU Center for International Student Mobility and Recruitment!
If you plan to stay in the university dormitory, upon arrival you should sign the Accommodation agreement. You will get the printed agreement in the Center for International Student Mobility and Recruitment (office GUK-209, 19 Mira street).
Please don’t forget to carefully read the rules and regulations (see the menu on the right).
The accommodation fee is approximately 1800 rubles a month. Please contact your manager for prices details.
Yekaterinburg or Ekaterinburg (Sverdlovsk in 1924-1991) is the fourth most populous city in Russia (after Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Novosibirsk), the administrative center of the Ural Federal District and Sverdlovsk Oblast.
Interesting facts about Yekaterinburg
- It was founded by the decree of the first Russian Emperor Peter I and the last Russian Emperor Nicholas II was shot here;
- In 1820, the roof of the UK Parliament building in London was made of roofing iron produced in Yekaterinburg;
- Ural steel was used in the construction of the Eiffel Tower in Paris;
- Ural copper was used in the construction of the Statue of Liberty in New York;
- During the Second World War, Sverdlovsk was the center of broadcasting in the USSR;
- Equipment for the world’s deepest borehole (Kola Superdeep Borehole, 12,262 meters) was produced in Yekaterinburg;
- Boris Yeltsin, the first president of Russia, began his political career in Yekaterinburg;
- Minor planet #27736 Yekaterinburg, discovered by the Belgian astronomer Eric Elst on September 22, 1990, was named in honor of this city;
- Two most northern skyscrapers in the world are located in Yekaterinburg: the Iset residential tower (209 m) and the Vysotsky business center (188 m), they are the tallest buildings throughout Russia east of Moscow.